The Biohazard symbol for print on clothes, phone covers, wall art, and home decor. Warning for the zombie apocalypse.
A biological hazard, or biohazard, is a biological substance that poses a threat to the health of living organisms, primarily humans. This could include a sample of a microorganism, virus or toxin that can affect human health. A biohazard could also be a substance harmful to other animals.
The symbol was developed in 1966 by Charles Baldwin. He was an environmental-health engineer working for the Dow Chemical Company on the containment products.
Levels of biohazard
The United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) classifies various diseases in levels of biohazard. Level 1 being the minimum risk and Level 4 is an extreme risk. Laboratories and other facilities are categorized as BSL (Biosafety Level) 1–4 or as P1 through P4 for short (Pathogen or Protection Level).
- Biohazard Level 1: This level including Bacillus subtilis, canine hepatitis, Escherichia coli, and varicella (chickenpox), as well as some cell cultures and non-infectious bacteria. At this level precautions against the biohazardous materials in question are minimal, most likely involving gloves and some sort of facial protection.
- Biohazard Level 2: Viruses and bacteria that cause only moderate disease to humans, or are difficult to contract via aerosol in a lab setting, such as hepatitis A, B, and C, some influenza A strains, Lyme disease, salmonella, mumps, measles, scrapie, dengue fever, and HIV.
- Biohazard Level 3: Bacteria and viruses that may cause severe to fatal disease in humans, but for which vaccines or other treatments exist, such as anthrax, West Nile virus, Venezuelan equine encephalitis, SARS virus, MERS coronavirus, hantaviruses, tuberculosis, typhus, Rift Valley fever, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, yellow fever, and malaria.
- Biohazard Level 4: Viruses that cause severe to fatal disease in humans, and for which vaccines or other treatments are not available, such as Bolivian hemorrhagic fever, Marburg virus, Ebola virus, Lassa fever virus, Crimean–Congo hemorrhagic fever, and other hemorrhagic diseases. Currently, there are no bacteria classified at this level.
- Biohazard Level 5: Viruses, bacteria or chemicals that cause fatal disease in humans, and for which no vaccines or other treatments are available, such as the apocalypse virus. The apocalypse
virus scientisticname is H19N12, but it is known as the Doomsday virus or the Zombie virus. Currently, there is no way to cure an infected person.
Clothing with the Biohazard Symbol
Features Biohazard premium t-shirt
The Spreadshirt Collection stands for best-possible print results on top-quality products. A huge range of sizes makes sure that our gear fits everyone, big and small alike. What’s more, the Premium T-shirt offers a sheer infinite choice of combination opportunity with other items.
- Comes highly recommended! Top-quality and supreme print results with all print methods.
- Consistent colors in all sizes for men, women, and children
- Fair and sustainable.
- Durable fabrics. 150 g/m².
- Material: 100% cotton (charcoal: 50% cotton, 50% polyester; heather blue: 50% cotton, 50% polyester; heather grey: 85% cotton, 15% viscose; heather burgundy: 65% cotton, 35% polyester).
- Buy it online: Biohazard premium t-shirt (Spreadshirt EU).
- Buy it online: Biohazard premium t-shirt (Spreadshirt US).
Features Biohazard Sleeveless Top
- Slightly sheer 100% polyester chiffon front panel with silky hand feel.
- The option of black or white 96% polyester, 4% elastane soft jersey back panel.
- The front panel is sublimation printed allowing the fabric to stay soft and drapey.
- Loose flowy fit.
- Garment fully constructed and printed in the USA.
- Buy it online: Biohazard Sleeveless Top (RedBubble).
Survival bug out bags
Features Biohazard Drawstring Bag
- Made from 100% polyester woven fabric.
- Wide, soft drawcord that’s easy on your shoulders.
- Durable quality metal grommets.
- Long-lasting printed design on both front and back.
- Buy it online: Biohazard Drawstring Bag (RedBubble).
Features Canvas Backpack
This classic, rustic backpack adds a touch of retro style to any look. Large enough to hold all the essentials and made of durable cotton canvas, this is sure to be a trusty companion for your everyday adventures. A very nice and robust backpack for everyday use. Excellent as bug-out-bag for bushcraft, or urban survival. Good size for a 72 hours survival kit.
- 53% cotton canvas, 43% polyester, 4% polyurethane leather base.
- Zipper closure on the main compartment with flap and magnet closure.
- Inside lining with an interior zipper pocket.
- Cotton webbing, adjustable back straps, and top carry handle.
- Imported; processed and printed in the U.S.A.
- Buy it online: Biohazard Canvas Backpack (Spreadshirt US).
Did you know we have 25+ shops in 14 different languages?
The Tipsy Red Fox have shops in more than 25 countries, and in over 14 different languages. All our online stores deliver worldwide, so you are free to select any store by your choice. All our shops Worldwide.
This and similar products are available to buy at:
The post Biohazard – Biological hazard survival clothes and bags appeared first on The Tipsy Red Fox.